COMPLETE STATES THAT PAY AND DOESN’T PAY NYSC CORPS MEMBERS, AS AT SATURDAY, 1ST JUNE 2019
As NYSC 2019 Batch B registration starts today, here is the full guide on the states that pay extra allowance apart from the federal government ₦19,800 allowance.
Please note that for you to be eligible to receive this allowance in the states that pay, you must be serving in a public establishment. Those serving in private establishments can also be paid, only with negotiations with their employer.
1. ANAMBRA: This state is the highest paying state in Nigeria, they pay ₦8,500 monthly to corpers serving in public establishments as explained above.
2. AKWA IBOM: This state is paying ₦5,000 monthly to corps members deployed to their state.
3. JIGAWA: This state pays ₦5,000 monthly.
4. DELTA: This state pays ₦5,000 monthly.
5. ZAMFARA: This state pays ₦5,000 monthly.
6. NASARAWA: This state currently pay ₦5,000 monthly via table payment.
7. BAYELSA: This state pays ₦3,000 every month to those in town and ₦5,000 to those close to water.
8. OSUN: This state pays ₦5,000 monthly. They receive ₦20,000 every four months. The last time they received such allowance was in February 2019. But, the 2018 Batch C Stream 1 and 2 has not received any dime from the state government.
Written by Comrade Nnadi Goodluck Donhacklord for nyscinfo.com
9. KATSINA: This state pays ₦4,000 monthly.
10. OYO: This state pays ₦4,000 monthly and it’s very regular.
11. SOKOTO: This state pays ₦3,750 monthly, but you’ll only be able to receive it at the end of your service year. A total of ₦45,000 will be paid.
12. ENUGU: This state pays ₦1,000 every month to corpers in the town (Enugu North, Enugu East, Enugu South) and ₦3,500 to those serving in villages.
13. KEBBI: This state pays ₦2,000 monthly.
14. LAGOS: This state pays allowance to the first 100 lucky corpers to be registered; i.e ₦15,000 monthly to some lucky ones serving in public schools and ₦10,000 monthly to some lucky ones serving in the secretariat. To be eligible to be among the 100 lucky corpers, immediately you’re given your ppa letter, rush to Alausa Secretariat, at the ministry of special duties to have your number, cause it’s slot and it’s strictly on first to come, first to serve basis. You might be wondering why we didn’t say that Lagos state is the highest state, it’s because they don’t pay allowance to all the corps members deployed to their state, unlike Anambra state that pays everyone serving in public establishments.
15. TARABA: This state pays ₦6,000 monthly, they select some few NYSC corps members serving in public establishments in their state and pay them. They started paying from December 2018.
16. ADAMAWA: This state pays ₦20,000 to NYSC corps members deployed to their state during POP.
17. EBONYI: The state government paid NYSC corps members deployed to their state ₦9,757 from October 2018 – February 2019, but since then, they’ve never received a dime. Most people are saying that the all of sudden state allowance was politically motivated, because, the state governor stopped paying immediately he was re-elected for second term in office.
18. ABUJA: The FCT does not pay corps members any allowance, even thou, it’s the capital of the country. But, it’s easier to earn money in Abuja, since there are lot’s of big companies that you can serve in and those big companies pay huge amount of allowances to the corps members serving there.
19. KWARA, BAUCHI, KOGI, NIGER, KADUNA, EKITI, PLATEAU, RIVERS, BENUE, KANO, IMO, ONDO, OGUN, YOBE, CROSS RIVER, BORNO, ABIA, GOMBE and EDO do not pay anything to corps members deployed to their states.